Smart credential readers are readers with 13.56 MHz smart technology for high-security applications.
Schlage’s smart technology reader is sleek, compact and provides cost-effective options for applications requiring high-security technology. The SM10 smart reader meets all applicable ISO standards to integrate with many access control systems, providing easy updates for many existing systems operating on Wiegand interfaces. The mini-mullion design and four finishes make the reader ideal for any installation.
Smart credentials operate on a 13.56 MHz frequency, and utilize high-security encrypted data. It is also mutually authenticated in communication between the card and reader, providing optimum security.
Special Note: As of September 2017, all aptiQ and XceedID readers transitioned to the Schlage brand. Although the brand name has changed, all part numbers and products remain the same. Forward and backward compatibility does not change and products may be used interchangeably.
Features & Benefits
- Reads 13.56 MHz smart cards: MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus® & MIFARE® DESFire® EV1
- Wiegand and RS-485 output available for simple interface with most access control panels
- Compatible with NFC-open smart phones
- Compatible with Schlage and aptiQ smart credentials
- Reduced model lineup limits complexity
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Accommodates interior, exterior, metal and non-metal installation environments
- Quick-connect cable allows for easy installation
- Easy-to-install mounting bracket